Ask the center to provide you with any written documentation such as brochures, calendars and menus.
Questions to ask when visiting a center:
- How many years has the center been in operation?
- Does the center have a license, certification and/or accreditation?
- What are the hours of operation?
- Are transportation services offered?
- What is the cost?
- Hourly or daily charge, other charges?
- What type of payments are accepted?
- Is financial assistance available?
- Is specialized care provided for conditions such as memory loss or TBI?
- What is the staff/ participant ratio?
- What kind of training does staff receive?
- Do participants have access to services such as physical or occupational therapy?
- What type of activities are provided?
- Are meals and/or snacks provided? Dietary assistance?
Site Visit Checklist:
Yes / No Did you feel welcome?
Yes / No Were the center services and activities properly explained?
Yes / No Were you given information regarding staffing, programming, and costs?
Yes / No Is the facility clean, pleasant and free of odor?
Yes / No Is the building and site wheelchair accessible?
Yes / No Is the furniture sturdy and comfortable?
Yes / No Are there loungers and chairs with arms for relaxation if appropriate?
Yes / No Is there a quiet place in the center?
Yes / No Did the staff and participants seem cheerful and comfortable?
Yes / No Are participants involved in planning activities?